With its sharp edges and slick front fascia, along with V-shaped front bumper and grille, Honda’s new 2017 Acura ILX is a perfect introduction to overshadow the likes of Audi A3, BMW 2-series, and Mercedes-Benz CLA250. The sedan is made affordable and sports a more powerful engine than its competitors.
After the facelift model of 2016, expect the new Acura to be release somewhere around late 2016 or early 2017. Find out more about this compact luxury sedan.
What is new in 2017 Acura ILX?
The 2016 ILX received an upgrade with jewel eye LED installations in its headlamps. Expect 2017 ILX to retain this feature. Apart from this, the compact SUV will come with
- Slightly widened tires which measure at 7 inches wide. This will allow better surface grip while making sharp turns.
- Active noise cancellation system that senses engine and wind noise and generates a different frequency with the audio system.
- A touchscreen multi-function display on the dashboard receiving feedback and displaying the status of audio and climate control. Also, it will have Honda’s exclusive GPS navigation system.
- Heated 8-way power adjustable driver seats and 4-way adjustable passenger seats along with manual recline facility.
- Leather draped steering wheel along with leatherette door trim. The day-night rearview mirror will also be available.
Along with these, Acura ILX 2017 will boast 12.4 cubic feet of cargo space and increased the overall length to around 181.9 inches will allow enhanced interior cabin space.
With an intention to get a head start in the market, expect Honda to equip it’s 2017 Acura ILX with all the latest high-tech safety features. The sedan may receive an electronic stability control along with advanced automatic braking system.
Also, expect rear view cameras sending feedback to the dashboard display providing parking assist.
A tire pressure monitoring system will also be available. The automaker will also install side impact beams along with emergency SOS system that will automatically alert the local authorities in case of a mishap.
2017 Acura ILX – Main Power Production Unit
No trims here. The Acura ILX 2017 will house a single 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an 8-speed twin-clutch paddle-shifting automatic transmission system. This engine-gearbox combination will be able to develop a maximum power output of around 201 hp and torque of nearly in the 180 lb-ft range.
EPA is on the higher side. The 2017 Acura ILX has rated at an EPA or 25 mpg within city limits and 35 mpg on the highway. This makes the rating stand at 29 mpg combined. That is 2 mpg more than Audi A3 and 1 mpg less than Mercedes CLA. The sedan is expected to reach a top speed of 133 mph and an acceleration of 0 to 60 mph in a time span of nearly 6.6 seconds.
2017 Acura ILX – Expected MSRP and Availability
Honda is expected to roll out three trims of its new 2017 Acura ILX at varying prices.
- A standard version to be priced at around $27, 990.
- A Premium version with a price tag of $29,990.
- A Technology Plus version to cost around $32,990.
All three trims will be available with front-wheel drive layout as standard and will come along with an A-spec optional package costing an extra $2,000.