Do not be deceived by the cost. Acura’s powertrain will be more powerful than BMW X3 and will come with similar features in terms of safety and interiors.
2017 Acura TLX – Innovations in the Dashboard, Storage, and Safety Features
Honda has increased the 2017 TLX wheelbase to around 109.3 inches. Also, the car stands at an overall length of around 190.3 inches. BMW X3 series, on the contrary, is around 182.5 inches long. This clearly suggests that the 2017 Acura TLX will have more interior cabin space than BMW X3 with enhanced headroom and legroom.
Also, cargo space is enhanced to 13.2 cubic feet. Wheels of 17-inch diameter and 7.5-inch width are fitted into this sedan that allows more surface grip. Expect a front wheel drive layout. However, an all-wheel drive is also a possibility.
With this luxury sedan, Honda will look to take on the likes of Lexus IS, Infiniti Q50, and Lincoln MKZ as well. Keeping this in mind, the automaker has equipped the 2017 Acura TLX with a host of passenger-friendly safety features along with integrated sensors.
- Honda claims to have installed extra braces at the front corners to distribute and absorb the collision impact and prevent it from reaching the interior cabin.
- The sedan will also feature a lane keeping an assisting system that will enable the driver to keep to a particular lane and alert in case of departure.
- It will also come with a forward collision warning system that uses a combination of radar and sensors to alert and take control in case of proximity with other vehicles.
- An adaptive cruise control will allow the driver to maintain the stability of the sedan in the case of application of sudden brakes.
- A blind spot monitoring system will also be available in the new 2017 Acura TLX.
2017 Acura TLX – Modifications in the Engine
Honda is set to roll out two trims in this department. The 2017 Acura TLX will come with:
- A base powertrain consisting of a 2.4-liter inland four-cylinder engine with 206 hp delivery capacity and 182 lb-ft of torque delivery capacity. This will be mated with an eight-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission mechanism.
- The higher end model will house a 3.5-liter V6 engine capable of delivering 290 hp. This will be combined with 9-speed automatic transmission system.
The 290 hp model is expected to reach a top speed of around 129 mph. The sedan is also expected to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than 5.8 seconds. As for its EPA rating, expect the Acura TLX 2017 to have a rating of around 24 mpg within city limits and around 35 mpg on highways. A 28 mpg of combined EPA is thus expected.
2017 Acura TLX – Competition and Pricing
Audi A4 comes with a price tag of around $38,250. BMW X3 series is marketed at around $34,500 while Jaguar XE costs a massive $56,500 with its more power output capacity. Honda will have its nose ahead in this department and will set its Acura TLX 2017 at around $32,840.