In 2004, Chevrolet Equinox was first introduced as a mid-size crossover SUV model. With some improvements in its features, the second generation model was announced on December 21, 2008. With the grand success of its predecessor and the current version, the automaker is going to make some changes and updates to introduce 2017 Chevy Equinox. The new appearance will cover a new fleet-only model and a new Premium trim level that include a new exterior color of Nightfall Gray Metallic.
Considerable changes in 2017 Chevy Equinox:
With the removable of previous chrome-clad aluminum wheels, it will come with durable aluminum alloy wheels for better performance.
- Exterior Changes:
It will add:
- Fog lamps are likely to go farther to the outside of front fascia.
- Headlights might be placed lower than its predecessor model.
- All-new Chevrolet Equinox supports better padding that might overhang for rear
- The rear fascia will extend further downward and possibly at a more low position than its predecessor.
- Holes are present in the rear fascia that supports dual exhaust outlets
The refreshed 2017 Chevrolet Equinox will probably have redesigned the interior. It will add:
- Pretty upscale material with high-quality functioning.
- Perforated leather seats for better comfort and to achieve perfect ergonomics.
- Potential increase in its headroom and legroom.
- It is possible to have sloppy downward rooms to meet the ergonomics.
- A revised center stack with 8-inch touchscreen display with controls is incorporated.
- It will cover a new audio system for better entertainment.
- It will have automatic air conditioning system.
It is expected that rear seat will fold flat and offer an increase in cargo space on demand. It is apparently tested to have cargo room from 31.4 cubic feet to 33.5 cubic feet and up to 66 cubic feet with seats down.
2017 Chevy Equinox – Engine Specs
It will be mysterious to know the new drivetrain of 2017 Chevy Equinox. It is quite clear from sources that this new model will be equipped with two engine variants; the first is of 2.4-liter engine which is capable of producing 182 hp and 172 lb-ft. of torque. The second engine option is of 3.6-liter and can produce 301 hp with 272 lb-ft of torque.
With the concept of idealization to occupy such engines for greater fuel economy and low emissions characteristics, Chevrolet Equinox is ready to come on the road.
The manufacturer is going to present a different engine for European counterparts that might have 4-cylinder petrol or diesel engine. With the 6-speed manual and automatic transmission system, it can produce 140 hp and 240 lb-ft. of torque.
Remember, if the manufacturer is not going to change the configuration of its engine, then it is possible to be equipped with a 4-cylinder V6 unit. This is able to produce a mileage of 22 mpg combined and as high as 29 mpg.
Well, everyone has to wait and watch what the automaker have in their basket. After the official announcement of 2017 Chevy Equinox, the actual specs, and availability of the vehicle in the market will be clearly determined.
2017 Chevy Equinox – Price and Rivals
Considering the changes, the new 2017 Chevrolet Equinox may have extra cost than its predecessor. It is not quite clear how much will be the price, but it is expected to start near around $30,835 with front-wheel drive and $32,585 for all wheel drive. With the level of performance that is going to be offered by 2017 Chevy Equinox, it may fight against some of the competitors from different makers. It is expected to compete with its main rivals that include Ford Escape and Mazda CX-5.