Over the previous few auto shows, Subaru manufacturers have been literally teasing its enthusiasts with numerous alluring designs. The wait seemed to finally end at the New York International Auto show held last month- in the form of a new 2017 Impreza model. Rumours hold that the latest 2017 Subaru Impreza facelift incorporates a new platform is stacked with latest techs and cutting edge styling.
As per insiders who experienced a peek into the new Subaru Impreza 2017¸ expressed their appreciation by saying that it is looking alluring as ever. They stated- ‘With this new facelift, its manufacturers are likely to continue their reputation of blending sensible transport with a standard all-wheel drive. Also, sporty road holding and hold its uniqueness amongst hatchbacks and compact sedans.
Let’s browse through some of its latest updates:
2017 Subaru Impreza – Exterior Body Changes and Interior Cabin Design
- The 2017 Subaru Impreza will comprise of a meaner and more aggressive look.
- The grill hasn’t been changed in its look or size but unlike the previous models where. It was placed tilted down, here it will be placed vertically.
- Its chromium strip carving through the grille will be thinner than before
- It’s bumper is edgier and more massive, and that accounts for the stronger appeal of the model.
- Headlights will be increased in size and will appear sharper too.
- The dimension of the model is also increased in size and is expected to have a dimension of 4625mm in length, 1777mm in width and 1455mm tall.
- The new 2017 Subaru Impreza will also be 10mm lower than the earlier models.
- Its body rigidity is said to have increased by 70%, and its stability has also been enhanced having a low center of gravity.
- This new model rides on a 105.1-inch wheelbase which is approximately 1 inch more than its previous model.
- Its window line also sweeps up a touch in its rear and both front, and rear headlights appear to be a bit oversized.
- The 2017 Subaru Impreza hosts an aggressive look in its inside too. Upgrades will be seen in its dashboard.
- The lower trims will host a 6.5 infotainment touchscreen system while the higher trims incorporate an 8-inch touch screen unit. This new system will support Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto systems.
- Near field communication (NFC) for enhanced smartphone connectivity will also be seen
- A better cooling system for uniform cooling is also said to be incorporated.
- There will be ample cargo space for travellers and their stuff.
Apart from these new inclusions, the base features will remain.
2017 Subaru Impreza – Engine Specifications
In terms of its powertrain, 2017 Subaru Impreza retains its previous engine model. But includes a new gasoline feature for direct injection.
- Its engine is a 2.0-liter boxer unit having an output of 152 hp which is 4 hp more than what it was before. This modified engine will provide uniform power distribution to all four wheels of the model.
- For the lower trims, it is believed to support a 6-speed manual gearbox while for the higher trims a continuous 7 speed animatronic CVT or (continuously variable transmission) comprising of enhanced EPA fuel economy, is possible.
- The manual transmission EPS ratings will be around 28/25/34 mpg for city, combined and speedway respectively. For the high trims, it will be a bit better with 28/31/37 for the city, combined and freeways.
- The higher trims will also host a manual system which allows drivers to paddle shift 7 fixed ratios.
- There are also rumours of an advanced AWD system for tailoring each of the transmissions.
2017 Subaru Impreza – Pricing and Competition
The price of 2017 Subaru Impreza will start from $21,000. It said to be released at the end of 2016 at the New York International Auto Show.
Honda Civic, Mazda3, Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Corolla are said to be its worthy adversaries.