The 2017 Subaru Outback has not changed a lot from its predecessors. This car has got a ground clearance of 8.7 inches which is equal to that of many rugged SUVs. This series was launched back in 1990, and since then it has performed considerably well. Most of the SUVs have suffered to live up to the reputation and eventually those companies are no more in the good books of the critics. The Subaru Outback has never tried to duplicate that has already been achieved. They have always added a fresh concept through the vehicle’s unique design and technological upgrades. Outback has always been wagon esque, and the makers have maintained this style. They are in no rush to compete with other SUVs because the makers know that Subaru Outback has its own class, and by getting involved in unnecessary competitions, they might lose their originality which would surely receive a lot of heat from fans.
2017 Subaru Outback – Fresh New Look Promised
The 2017 Outback can be grouped as one of the safest cars on the market. IIHS has ranked it among the top five safest cars with the five-star score. Features include:
- Adaptive cruise control
- EyeSight safety system
- Forward collision warning
- Emergency automatic brakes
- Lane departure assist
- Blind-spot monitors
- Rear cross alerts for traffics.
- The noisy interior will no longer bother the passengers, as it has been taken care off. The door glasses are thicker, and the edges are smooth, more refined.
2017 Subaru Outback – Cutting fuel consumption is the key
The 2017 Subaru Outback makers will definitely look to improve the fuel economy to a new level. In the past, the only thing that has let this series down is a poor fuel mileage. Most of the SUVs are now able to travel double the distance at half the fuel consumption compare to Subaru Outback 2017.
Two engines will be present in the new model.
- 5.0-liter base engine with flat 4, 175 hp. EPA rating shows that the new engine will have highway mileage above 30 mpg.
- 6.0-liter unit with flat 6 is for the most expensive trim that will have 256 hp. This engine has a fuel economy of 21-22 mpg. Considering the weight of the new vehicle and its seating arrangements, this value is not at all poor.
Transmission is quite good in both the engines are continuously variable for both cases.
2017 Subaru Outback – Price and Availability
The 2017 Subaru Outback has been priced at $25,645 with fuel economy values of 20 on city roads and 32 on highways. It is expected to release by the beginning of 2017.