Audi made its name in the crossover automobile variant with their famous Q Series franchise. With the brand new 2018 Audi Q3, it looks like the German manufacturers are going back to their premium crossover franchise for better results. Even though Audi has not made any official announcements for this new model as of yet. Several spy shots were captured during testing, which gives a comprehensive look at the new model’s specs. It is almost certain that this 2018 variant will be much sportier and classier than its predecessor.
2018 Audi Q3 – Engine Details
There are a couple of options available for this model as far as its platform is concerned. Many sources have reported that this 2018 Audi Q3 might feature Audi’s latest Quattro E-Tron concept style, while some speculate that MQB platform might return.
Based on the potential platform choices, it is very likely that there will be multiple engine choices available when the finished product comes out. Let’s take a look at those options:
- Audi’s famous 3.5-liter TDI powertrain is certain to make a return as the base engine for this model. It features a max power of 175 hp with max 280 lbs. feet of torque.
- An additional direct injection TDI option might also be available with 2.0- liter capacity and over 220 hp.
- There is also a chance that Audi will release a 3rd option for 2018 Audi Q3 – a smaller 1.4-liter TSI engine with better sustainability.
There has not been any news regarding the fuel ratings or drive train options of these engines as of yet, but more information will be available once Audi officially announces the upcoming model.
New Features of 2018 Audi Q3
Since the new model is still in its development phase, there has not been any detailed reveal of its interior or exterior features. However, close sources have reported that a slew of new features is definitely coming to this Audi Q3 2018. These new features might cover both its exterior as well as interior looks.
- Among all things, Audi is set to upgrade its infotainment and comfort features with this model. A brand new Virtual Cockpit display will be available with smooth touch screen controls.
- Steering controls will be improved with a new multi-spoke steering wheel for better traction and control.
- Safety options are certainly being renovated with 6 airbags in a cabin, as well as electronic stability display.
- Overall dimensions of 2018 Audi Q3 are getting a slight revamp with larger wheelbase and broader rear base.
- Exterior options might differ in the final model but new LED head lights and 18-inch alloy wheels are a certainty.
2018 Audi Q3 – Release Date and Price
Even though there has not been a definite release date fixed for this new model. Audi is planning to reveal it soon in any upcoming Auto Shows. Experts suggest that early 2018 likely is the time when this new 2018 Audi Q3 comes out. As far as its price is concerned, there has not been any news whatsoever. Still, Audi suggested that this new 2018 model will not differ much from its predecessor model in pricing.