There is the latest trend in the automobile industry, and it is that most of the rivals companies are cooperating with each other for designing a new model. Such cooperation will be seen in the upcoming Nissan Micra 2017.
About the car
This time Renault and Nissan has cooperated to design this upcoming design, and the result is just outstanding. According to a recent announcement from the company this car will be manufactured in France and thus it will have the low price. In addition to that, it will also have some sporty features in it. The 2017 model of Nissan Micra is said to be the best small city cars.
Its makers have declared that 2017 Nissan Micra will have the same platform design globally. This time, the model will be based on CMF platform for developed markets, and it will be designed with V-platform for developing market as it will help the company to lower down the production cost.
Nissan Micra 2017 – Engine Specifications
As of now, the engine configurations are not confirmed but still there are some reliable sources in the market which have depicted that it will be powered by an array of petrol and diesel variants. They are discussed below.
- The first variant is expected to be 1.2-liter 3-cylinder engine, and it will be generating the power of 100 hp and 80 lb-ft of torque.
- Another variant is expected to be 1.5-liter HR15DE 4 cylinder engine producing the power of 108 hp and 109 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm.
- The last variant will be 1.6-liter HR16DE that will produce the power of 116 hp along with a subsequent amount of torque. This engine is borrowed from Renault Clio.
- All the powertrains will be mated with 6-speed manual or Continuously Variable Transmission.
- Based on the reports of some reliable sources Nissan Micra 2017 will deliver fuel economy of 35 miles per gallon in cities and 45 miles per gallon on highways.
- The engine is also said to be CO2 emission friendly, and it will be launched with FWD option.
Nissan Micra 2017 will be offered with a base warranty of 3 years/38,000 miles. The makers also provide powertrain warranty of 5 years/ 62,000 miles.
This car will have competition with:
- Chevy Spark
- Kia Rio
- Toyota Yaris
- Ford Fiesta
- Honda Jazz
Nissan Micra 2017 – Interior and Exterior Styling
In its exterior portion, this vehicle will have new skirts and spoilers along with that there will be refreshed bumpers, power lights, and mirrors. It will also have different wheels and the makers have made this car more aerodynamic.
There is not much information available related to the internal specs of this but is again asserted by some sources that it will deliver great comfort to its riders. In addition to that makers have also equipped this latest model with brand new air conditioning system and standard safety features.
Nissan Micra 2017 – Release Date and Price
There are lots of speculations related to its launch. Some sources said that Nissan Micra 2017 would be launched during the Summer Olympics in Brazil 2016, and some said that it would be launched during the Paris Moto Show, 2016. This model is expected to be launched with a base price of $18,000, and the price may also increase.